Public Prosecutions Division
The Division also performs the following functions:
• Advises the Police on Criminal Law and their case dockets.
• Exercises general oversight over public prosecutors other than State Attorneys.
• Handles Criminal Law aspects of Constitutional Litigation in the Supreme Court;
• Prosecutes International Crimes through the conclusion of Mutual Cooperation and Assistance Agreements with various countries in collaboration with the Commonwealth Secretariat and UN Agencies.
• Formulates Penal Policy and initiates actions for Penal reforms.
• Liaises with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on matters relating to consular offences.
• Handles requests for extradition and private information on Criminal Law in the country.
• Advises the Attorney-General on applications for pardon to the President.
• Advises the Attorney-General on various petitions for redress.